Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Leaves :: Ring A Week No. 12




This week I've created some new jewelry pieces featuring my etched leaf design. For my Ring A Week number 12, I've hand fabricated this ring, overlapping and soldering seven small sterling silver leaves together. I wanted to keep this first leaf ring for myself, but once finished it was a tad too small. I tried to enlarge it and in the process discovered that the tip of one leaf was not properly joined when it broke free. As I was preparing to resolder that leaf, I realized that the ring actually works really well as an adjustable ring, and I chose to leave it that way since the overlapping design disguises this feature well. A happy accident!

Below are several other pieces from my leaf collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment