Sunday, March 6, 2011
Ring A Week Number 10
I began this ring two years ago. It originally had an etched design on the front but the etching didn't turn out so well. It sat in my work-in-progress drawer and every now and then I'd think about how I might be able to save it. I decided to have another go at it for Ring A Week number 10. I filed off the etched face and I flush set a 3mm faceted peridot. I gave the ring a rustic, lightly hammered texture and oxidized finish.
I wish I had a before photo. I thought I did, but I can't find it. I think I have improved the ring, and I'm glad that after two years it's finally finished.
Check out the progress of other Ring A Week participants here.